Visit the world's second largest Synagogue and the Jewish Museum, the Jewish Cemetery, the Tree of Life and the Heroes' Monument. See life as it unfolds in the Jewish Ghetto, and you may also taste some Jewish food at a restaurant where the tour ends.
01 Apr - 31 Oct: Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday
01 Nov - 31 Mar: Thursday and Sunday
3 hoursStart time
Start time: 1000h (10:00am)
Duration: 3 hours
You will be picked up from your hotel in Budapest. (Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now please contact the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the tour start time and give them this information). In case of no pick up the meeting point is City Sightseeing Info Point (Budapest 1075, Károly krt. 21..)
The tour ends at the restaurant in the Jewish quarter
For this three-hour walking tour you will be picked up from your hotel in Budapest at 0930h (9:30am). You will be accompanied by an English and German speaking guide.
The highlights of this sightseeing tour are:
• The Dohány Street Synagogue: The world's second largest synagogue.
• Jewish Museum: The museum mostly contains 18th and 19th century art treasures and exhibits arranged in three main rooms according to their significance in rituals such as the Sabbath.
• Cemetery in the Jewish Garden: This is the eternal resting place for the victims buried in common graves.
• Tree of Life: The Tree of Life is modelled after a weeping willow and is a memorial to the 600,000 Jewish-Hungarians who were victims of the holocaust.
• Temple of Heroes: The temple commemorates the Jewish soldiers who fought in the ranks of the Hungarian army in World War I. This small prayer house bears traits of ancient Babylonian style, however radiates modernity with its white walls.
You can then stroll through the ancient Jewish Ghetto and visit an orthodox synagogue. Please note that the museum and synagogue reserve the right to stop visitors without notice during special events.
The tour ends at a restaurant in the Jewish quarter where you could enjoy some special Jewish food.Note: Cost of the meal is not included in the tour price.
Please call the tour operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming the departure details.
The Museum and Synagogue reserve the right to stop entry without notice during special events.
The tour began with a walk to the shoes by the Danube (at our request) which set a sombre note the experience. We then went to the great Synagogue and the Jewish Museum where the...Leslie Feiglin, Australia, 15/Aug/2015
Please pass on our thanks to the lady who conducted our tour - she was extremely knowledgable and a person whose own family were an integral part of the story...mr anthony h webber, United Kingdom, 19/Jun/2014
The woman we had to take my friend and I around the Jewish Quarter was very nice, knowledgeable and made it a very interesting tour....Dawn C Sigmund, United States, 16/Sep/2013