Stroll along the Vienna Ring Boulevard which circles the city centre. See the Opera house, the Hofburg (Royal Palace), the Parliament and the Palace Theatre. Later see St. Steven’s Cathedral and St. Peter’s church. This day excursion to Vienna will leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.
12 hoursStart time
Start time: 0800h (08:00am), Duration: 12 hoursMeeting Point
From centrally located Budapest hotels (Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)Ending Point
The tour ends at Erzsébet Square
You will be picked up from your hotel. Travelling in a coach and accompanied by a guide, you will travel to Vienna, the capital of Austria.
On arriving in Vienna you will take a short walk on the Vienna Ring Boulevard from where you will see many of Vienna's most famous monuments. These include.
• The Opera House
• The Hofburg (Royal Palace)
• The Parliament
• The Palace Theatre
After a stop for lunch you will be taken to the centre of Vienna. Here you will see some of the main sights such as:
• St. Steven’s Cathedral: The cathedral has two very impressive features: the gigantic roof, and the tall, lean tower. Few Gothic towers of such height were constructed in the Middle Ages.
• St. Peter’s Church: Perhaps the oldest church in Vienna, it is a richly decorated structure.
To end the day you have the choice between visiting:
• The gardens of Schönbrunn Castle: A UNESCO World Heritage Site. The castle is where Emperor Franz Joseph (ruled 1848-1916) was born. Due to this historical importance and gardens, this palace is one of the top tourist-attractions in Vienna.
• The Belvedere Palace (from outside): The Palaces' architecture and interior design are typical for Rococo style and very impressive.
(Please note: Please check Visa requirements and remember to carry your passport).
At the end of your day in Vienna you will be taken back to Budapest. The tour ends at Erzsebet Square.
Please call the tour operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming the departure details.
Please check Visa requirements and remember to carry your passport.
My husband and I enjoyed this trip thoroughly. Istvan (Stephen in English) was an amazing guide. He was really knowledgeable and engaging. We saw the main parts of Vienna and...Sylwia Wodyk, United Kingdom, 08/Feb/2016
When I booked this I booked it for a Saturday. But after we arrived in Budapest we found out that my husband was going to be off work on Friday. We called to make the change...Brenda K Clark, United States, 16/Jul/2014
Our guide was really enthusiastic and informative...JOHANSSON ROLF, Sweden, 05/Dec/2010